My Evening Skincare Routine

Tuesday 25 August 2015


 
Hello again! Sorry it's been a while, I've taken a little break as there have been bereavements in the family and as I'm not quite at the stage of scheduling posts in advance this little blog became low down on the to-do list. Anyway this is my evening skincare routine! Prepare yourself for a long one as I am a bit of skincare obsessive and like to go into detail. So I'd suggest that getting a cup of tea, green juice (if you have that healthy living thing down) or like me, a gin and tonic may be a good idea right about now.


1. Garnier | Cleansing Micellar Water

Before we begin I need to say this- yes I've tried bioderma, yes its slightly better but no it's not worth the money compared to drugstore versions. I've tried my fair share of micellar waters as I love them but I usually go back to this one purely because it does the job well and it's great value for money (the bottle is mahoosive).The one pictured above is my travel sized one as I'm currently staying at my parents. It's great for getting most of my makeup off including eye makeup without leaving my skin feeling tight or irritated. I apply this using cotton pads and just wipe all over my face to get as much of the day's makeup off.



2. The Body Shop | Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter
This is a fairly new addition to my routine and I'm currently loving it. It's a hard balm that melts to an oil when massaged onto the skin. I like that it doesn't leave a tight feeling on my skin and it cleans away any leftover makeup that the miscellar water didn't get. I apply this on dry skin then wash away with a warm flannel. Easy!


3. Pixi Glow Tonic
This is my favourite stage of the routine. I am going to do a separate post all on toners as I can't get enough of them and this is by far one of my favourites. It's a chemical exfoliant so it does the same as a facial scrub but it doesn't have those harsh abrasive beads in it. I just apply this all over my face with a cotton pad making sure to avoid the eye area. With skincare, its hard to actualy see a dramatic result from just one product, but with this it really does make a difference. My skin is so smoother, brighter and I get less breakouts when using this too. I've even done the whole 'not using it for a while and keeping everything else in my routine the same' test and I could tell the difference!


4. Lush | Breath of Fresh Air
I use this in my morning routine too and it's such a lovely hydrating toner. It's particularly good to use after the pixi glow to rehydrate the skin after the chemical exfoliation. I got it in the big size and its lasted ages. Lush do really good skincare products and I always have at least one item of theirs on the go. I spray this onto a cotton pad and apply all over my face.


5. Clarins | Lotus Face Treatment Oil
This is where my evening skincare differes from day to day depending on what I feel my skin needs. I like to use serums and oils to help treat whatever issues I have with my skin. My favourite and most used is the Clarins Lotus Oil as you can tell by how little I have left *cry*. Oh my, is this stuff a life changer. I need to do a separate post on this just to express my love and awe of this product. This stuff  helps rebalance my oily skin and refine its texture. If I am using this as a treatment then I'll use 3-4 droplets and pat it into my skin, or ill just add 2 droplets into my normal evening moisturiser and apply normally.



6. Boots | Botanics All Bright Hydrating Night Cream
This is the newest product that I have added to my routine and so far so good. It is targeted towards normal to dry skin but I feel that just because my skin is combination to oily doesn't mean I should completely avoid anything that is hydrating and this moisturiser hasn't made me break out or affected my oily skin. It isn't a thick moisturiser so it skinks in quickly and I would say this is a fairly good average moisturiser for the price (Bargain + usually on offer at Boots). I am going to continue using this but once it runs out I will try something else. It's one of those products that isn't bad, but isn't necessarily really good either and I am prepared to spend a little more on skincare.


So there it is! Took a while and it is most likely going to change as I can never resist trying out new skincare items. Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of the products above or if you have any recommendations you think I would like? ( I'm looking for a new moisturiser)

Chrissy x

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chapter 7 Maira Gall.