I Graduated from University!

Saturday 25 July 2015


After a long 4 years studying a masters degree in law at Northumbria University, I have finally graduated! I had such a lovely day with my family and friends and wanted to share a few photos of the day with you including my outfit details.

It didn't quite hit me until the ceremony began, that I was actually finishing university and I must admit I was a little emotional. After all, I don't like big changes and uni had been my life for the past 4 years. I've so many good memories, made some amazing friends for life and as cheesy as it sounds I have really grown as a person. I'm pretty scared as to what I am going to do now but at the same time I am really excited. Expect another graduation post to appear soon as I'm in that limbo stage between graduating and getting a proper job so I feel it would only be appropriate to document this weird stage I am at by blogging about it.




When it came to my outfit I got the dress well in advance! 4 years at uni had taught me that I'm a sucker for leaving things till the last minute and I didn't want to do the same with finding a dress. I knew I wanted a midi length pencil style that was a block colour as I didn't want a pattern to overpower the gown (picky? I know). I knew most people were aiming to wear black, white or red so when I saw this sky blue dress from Miss Selfridge I had to try it on.



I love the style of the neckline with having 2 sets of straps; normal and off the shoulder. I think it makes the dress a little different whilst still being understated. I know I can wear this for so many other things in the future which is what I was looking for too. At first I was going to get my mum to shorten the length of it but when I tried it on with the heels I decided to keep it as it was, which I'm so glad I did because I actually realised the week after, when I wore a red dress for my boyfriend's graduation, that I have really ugly knees (how it took me 22 years to see that I don't know haha).

I teamed it up with my trusty black heels as they are the comfiest heels I own (it was a long day) and as my graduation was during this amazing (but short lived) English heat wave, I didn't have to worry about the rain for once.

Have any of you graduated this summer or have been in that weird limbo stage that I have found myself in now?

Chrissy x

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chapter 7 Maira Gall.