Meet Alfie!

Sunday 14 February 2016




Happy Valentines Day you lovely lot! <3  With today all being about sharing the love, I thought I would introduce to you the love of my life, my best buddy- Alfie!

No joke- I've literally just sat on the bed and started writing this with my cute little Alfie snuggled up next to me and the most horrendous smell has just emanated and filled the whole bedroom. And before you ask it wasn't me!! How ironic that I'm about to tell you all how adorable he is and he goes and does that! Anyway, if you hadn't have guessed this post is all about my dog Alfie!
 
Alfie is a 13 month old Jackhuahau; his Mum is a Jack Russel and his Dad is a Chihuahua. My boyfriend Kieran and I got him on a total whim although we had discussed about getting one for ages! He is the cutest little dog (i'm not biased at all) and I cant remember what life was like before him. I'm one of those really annoying dog mums who constantly posts pictures of their dog #sorrynotsorry and I really struggled at selecting only a few to put in this post- although I've still managed to get 14 in!



As he was a very spontaneous addition to the family, we hadn't thought of any names before hand. Kieran was insisting on naming him Jax after the main character in Sons of Anarchy and although I liked the name it just didn't suit him. After asking family and googling every dog name list possible we decided on Alfie. It was one of those moments where as soon as it was said we both knew it was perfect. It's a cute cheeky name that definitely suits his personality.

 
He loves walks-  well duh Chrissy what dog doesn't! For some reason though, he hasn't picked up on the word 'walkies'. Every time we put on our coats he thinks he is going out with us and he knows it's walk time when he sees his lead but you can say walkies to him and he has no idea haha. We have had some trouble with him 'barking at any thing that moves' but he's recently been neuted and we are hoping- read desperately praying that the effects of that will start to show soon. Seriously if any one has some tips on dog barking please tell me!

Alfie seems to listen more to Kieran then he does me - I think it's the deep voice. It gets to the point where I start telling him off in the deepest lowest voice I can and sound like Phil Mitchell from Eastenders in the middle of the park- not a good look for me, and he still doesn't stop barking! We've tried clickers and those aerosols for barking but had no luck. When we asked the vet for some advice on the matter she just looked at us and said- 'he's a Jack Russell- he will always bark!' Well I'm determined to prove her wrong!



 
I'm thinking of doing some doggy updates on the blog if this post goes down well. Let me know in the comments if you would be interested in something like that and also if you have any pets or have written any posts on them. I love hearing about other furry little members of the family.

Chrissy x

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chapter 7 Maira Gall.